Monday, November 4, 2019

Crowley..The Not So Demonic Demon

Watching Good Omens for a second time...and mostly because for Halloween I wanted to dress up as him.  I happened to notice his snake tattoo was in a shape of a Zen sign for the path to Enlightenment.  I noticed it because my one of my smaller dragon designs was based on it.  I wondered if there was a meaning for that.  Crowley is supposed to be evil..but he just seems to think on his own, he even stands out from the others, in that he has a lot more imagination than the other demons (ok so the others have NO imagination whatsoever)


I painted that on and didn't have anyone to help me but that's pretty much Crowley's tat.  Crowley was an interesting character to fall in love with...yes he's a DEMON!  But what is there to love...here is a list.
Damn cool car!  and I'm not a car person but that Bentley was awesome!
QUEEN!!!  I mean yeah, I love the band too so WHOO HOO Crowley you have taste man!!
He helped Aziriphale a time or two from just getting paint off of him to getting him out of the Bastille when dopey Azi got a hankering for crepes and went to France ....during the feaking REVOLUTION!! 
He only does half of what he is told by his superiors...he wasn't all too keen on the world being ended, so he can't be all bad.
He LOVED his car...no spoilers on that one but the ones who have seen the  show KNOW what I am talking about.
He kept a very important book even when he thought his best friend was dead.
Crowley makes a very good Nanny LOL
He's clever, he takes chances and risks...he asked Azi to get him HOLY WATER.
None of the other demons really appreciated his ingenuity anyway.
Crowley is really our own dark selves if we ever wise up to owning that.
In all honesty if I could stand to sit under a needle I'd get a tat like Crowley's..besides, the serpent has many more meanings in many cultures besides just evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...