Sunday, November 10, 2019

Featured Poem

“Turn”
By Corey Kneedler
Left turn or right, either way the path leads nowhere.
Doesn’t matter where I go, I’ll never find love there.
Been driving for too long, busting my eardrums to love song after love song.
I wouldn’t give a dime for any of my exes.
New gallery of heartbreaks, trying to figure out who the best is.
Wrecked bedrooms, late night shenanigans.
I’m sick of searching, don’t want to get lost again.
They only speak when they think they want some. But who’s talking now? Cat got your tongue?
I won’t give another the time of day if they can’t prove to me that things won’t turn out the same way.
Everybody wants a piece of me, lining up around the corners. But when they come back around, they walk away mourners.
Logic tossed out the window, excuses pour down like rain. Are their problems real, or are they imagining it all in their brain?
The world’s fucked up, everyone’s got issues. Fix your own problems and stop using guys like us as tissues.
I’m tired of fighting for them, letting my heart get shot to pieces in a shooting range.
Here’s an idea, why don’t you make sacrifices and fight for me for a change?



No photo description available.
Art by Julie Akeman 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...