Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Paint Pour Projects



I'm selling these three paint pour projects at the co op gallery I am currently a part of.
These are easy to do and you probably seen the videos of them (yes I've watched tons of them)
I love the marbling effect, love how easy it is when I want to make something but don't have enough focus to do a longer project.  This is also fun to do with your kids...might want to do it outside, but as the cold weather is upon us I use a good size box and set the canvas (any size will do) on upended solo cups to let the paint drip down.

I have used craft acrylic and a bit of water mixed with it to make it flow.  The one on the left hand side I flecked white paint over it..the others I just let the paint flow and drip.

Use a solo cup (or any cup you don't mind having paint in) and pick your main color, put that in the cup, however much you think you need, add a touch of water and stir it a bit, add two other colors what goes well with your chosen color.  I don't mix it together, I then just pour it right in the middle of the canvas..it takes a few hours to dry.

Yellow mixes well with red and orange
White with blue, purple
My yellow in the middle I added purple, which is risky because it mixes muddy but I got a good brownish tone in this one.
experiment and see what combos work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...