Tuesday, November 5, 2019

A Sketch a Day Keeps the Boredom Away



At least I TRY to do a sketch a day...just something to make me loosen up. Anybody can do this.
I used
Watercolor sketch pad
Watercolors
One Chinese brush and one wide brush (you can pick whatever you like)
Ink stamp and any kind of rubber stamps...I used a discounted Willow Tree stamp and butterflies

First a wash...I always start with just a color wash to set the tone for what I might want to do.
I usually don't have a set idea..I decided to use greens and yellows and though the Willow Stamp would be perfect.
I used butterfly stamps but I used my wide wash brush to spread watercolor paint on the butterfly
Stamped onto the still wet paper.
Cleaned it off and then decided to use the gray stamp ink pad for two more butterflies..I think the effects make them a little ghostly compared to the paint butterflies.

let it sit flat to dry...but oooh got another idea...I paint splattered on it...sounds like it would ruin a painting...it doesn't ..try it out..or just do a wash and then flick paint all over it
I love to do this because even though I have been a painter for a long time I still get fearful before starting a project..this puts me in the right frame of mind because NOTHING is at personal stake here.  It's just a quick project to either start your day or to wind down in the evening...I did this one last night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...