Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Worth Your Salt




At work yesterday on another easy project.   Red Wash and then tossed sea salt on there and then went to work and left it to dry.  Afterwards I scraped off the salt and ...didn't know what to do next.




I love the speckled effect of the salt..try it ..it's fun!

I wasn't sure where to go from here...didn't want to paint anything over it really because the speckles are so nice..My friend Corey set up a poem.


“Scattered”
By Corey Kneedler


When autumn comes knocking on your door, look for me where the leaves fall
 - that’s where I’ll be, scattered along the ground far away from the trees.
I’ll let the wind carry me to destinations unknown. Don’t worry about where I’ll go. It doesn’t matter where 
I end up, as long as it’s somewhere far, far away from here.
Like a tree full of life in Spring I once felt the warm rays of the sun hit me,
 bringing me happiness as I danced to the sways of the breeze.
I held onto that happiness for as long as I could,
 even when the hot, dry months of summer took their toll on me.
But when that paranormal wind begins to blow, I’ll find my way to lands unknown.

Nice right?  Well, it reminded me I do have a maple leaf stamp.  I haven't used it in awhile so I forgot about it.


Not bad right?  It's subtle and leaves the salt speckles alone.  It would make a great card if I had a way to scan it properly.  I want to do a blue version and use the salt again but leave room for other elements like a moon and dark branches.  Happy Fall everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...