Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Book Review


I listened to the audio book on Hoopla. Great to listen to when knitting or any other things I tend to do..and I am surprised I wasn't sitting down to sketch dragons! Maybe on the next one. I am dragon crazy and this book really feeds into that. I love the title since it is a bit of a twist from Darwin's Beagle voyage. A very nice slide is Isabella being basically called a transgender..although the term Isabella used was transvestite. And the island local calling her a dragon spirit being..well...I can relate to that. I am also born in the year of the dragon so the fact I really connected to dragons made this book a fantastic read for me. I love the Victorian style of the piece and the audio book was well done. I've read the first two books and this was the first audio I listened to and it was very well done and this one on Hoopla had an interview with the author, nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...