Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Plot Twist!! : A Knitting Story



Yarn Entrails 

I take a little twist now and then and do a knitting project.  I walked into a Hobby Lobby and was intent on getting art supplies when I found this bunch of yarn...yummy yarn.
I am terrible at math so my projects are pretty limited to scarfs.  This time however this scarf was having an identity crisis.



Yarn Mail

If I had picked a more looser pattern this would have not been a problem.  The scarf is not a smooshy cozy thing...it's pretty stiff.  I was debating on frogging it (completely unravel the whole darn thing)
and remaking it..this was a garter stitch by the way, the basic stitch new knitters learn. I just wanted to make a simple scarf.  The result is very thick and taut.  I realized though I can make it into a small bag.  A knitted bag, I remember reading about a project like that in a book I've got. I am going to knit it a little further then fold it over and I should have enough yarn to make straps to carry the thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...