Thursday, December 4, 2014

Painting Loftus Hall



I got a lot more painted tonight, it's like one thirty six now, am, I"m still buzzing so I am going to blog about this piece now.  When I paint this thing I keep thinking of the theme to The Seventh Guest game.  Been a long time since I thought about that one, I never played it, too hard but my dad had bought it for himself.

I like to have music when I paint, usually something that goes with the mood or theme of the painting, last night I was listening to Celtic Circle, got a bunch of Celtic music on there, works well with the painting.  Tonight I don't have any music playing, My soon to be 11 month old is asleep in her playpen just in the living room. I don't want to wake her.  No I don't have an Ipod or whatever, can't afford it, I have a CD player and my dvd player will play but I don't want to wake anybody.  I just play the music in my head, I happen to be hearing Seventh Guest now.  If I am working on a fantasy painting I will usually play the soundtrack of The NeverEnding Story.  I did get the blu ray version on marked down.  LOVE that movie.

Anyway, about the painting, the banisters have been giving me problems but I think I finally got them to look right, going to be painting a lot on that part.  I am getting the back area done but had to look for more pics or video shots of that area since my print out is very dark.  Still with all the challenges and difficulties I have this is coming out pretty well and I am learning alot on how to work in perspective, which is my weak point.  I'm going to have to look for the book on how to draw buildings at my library and see what help I can get.

I actually never really liked doing buildings before because of perspective problems.  But I'm doing that anyway, working on places that GAC have been to.  Now I am a person of limited funds so I have to think about on what to say no to in order to say yes to a new Gesso Board.  Loftus Hall is being painting on a canvas I had bought some years back.  It's my last 30 by 40 inch canvas.  I want to do Proveglia and the gesso board (which is stronger and warp resistant) costs more than the canvas but is worth it for the archival quality.  The size I'm looking at will cost about $45.  I can wing it for this month.  I have to wait till I get all the bills payed then wait for my next paycheck then check things over to make sure we don't go negative, we have done that a LOT but have gotten better.  Just had to learn to say NO to stuff, mostly that means no fast food or outside eating, or at least limiting it, that was what was costing us big time.  We just can't afford it.  It hurts me when I can't get canvases or rather the gesso boards.  While waiting to be able to afford it I still have my sketch books to capture my ideas.  I have more ideas than I have the money to get the boards to do it but I am learning patience in that area, it will be worth it when I can finally get what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...