Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Loftus Hall Up the stairs slowly


At one point I had to white out a section of the railing because I had too much there and after I did that it looked better.  Was told oil is a very forgiving medium, I do love it so much more than watercolor though I have done some great watercolors and it was watercolors that I worked with all my life till I got into oils.
I still have a bit to work on but it is coming along fine, I'm just slowly doing the stairs because I am fixing it as I go up those things.
I also started on a sketch of Proveglia, haven't ordered my gesso board yet though.

On the left you can just barely see the demonic entity that is featured as Zack Bagins tat.
It's not totally detailed just a pencil drawing so it's hard to see when it was scanned
but the shot of Proveglia you can see is green.  My daughter thought it looked like it was on fire, green fire.
It will be interesting, I'm trying to capture the spiritual energy of the place and that is the vision that got to me when I thought of the place.
When I think of Waverly Hills Sanatorium I think of blues, more cold, sad and isolated than anything else.
I don't know what size Waverly Hills will be, I haven't found a shot yet to use as reference, I just know what colors best represent the place.
I have other art ideas apart from Ghost Adventures, it's just these three places speak so strongly I just had to paint them, after these three I don't know if I will do more, it all depends on what strikes me.
I can't wait to see the new episodes, been following Ghost Adventures Crew on Twitter.  
I don't get cable, just internet so I have to wait to catch episodes on Youtube. I want to eventually buy all the DVD's of their shows but my funds only go so far.  I'm not all starving artist here, it's just a limit on how much I can get what I want and when.  I'm just thankful I am well stocked on artist supplies, up till now I hadn't painted for two years.  I just need a new board for the Proveglia project, and I am going back to my old canvases to fix them. Like this one here.
I painted this one a few years ago and now I really HATE that tree on the left!!
In order to fix it I have to white it out.
I will paint over it in Titanium white to start over again and fix it.
Of course I KNOW I will have to touch up everything else and that will take time as I go over and think what to change.  
Mmmm I think there is way too much yellow, the staff needs a bit of work. I will start with the tree first and then things will just flow from there I know it.
I have done great work on redos
I also have ideas for new paintings
Ideas just feed off one another here.
How I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...