Saturday, December 13, 2014

Loftus Hall Almost Done



The stairs are taking a bit to complete but the rest of the painting is about done.
I think it definitely has that spooky quality.  I also just read a bit on Aaron Goodwin's blog about Loftus Hall and now I'm feeling more spooked by it.  It's a good thing because that is the feeling I want to capture in this piece.  I am really proud of this work.  Love the challenge of this.  I had my three other kids staying the weekend at my mom's so all I had to take care of is the baby who will be 11 months on the 15th.
This is a gallery wrapped canvas and I'm painting the sides but I think this baby could use a good frame.
I have very good news, I got some Christmas money from some relatives and that means that with my upcoming paycheck from the Library I will be able to not only get some more Christmas presents for my kids but also get that gesso board I want for the Proveglia project I have in mind.  It's almost three am here and I have to try to get some sleep, I have a long day at the library.  Since I can leave my paints out I might be able to do a bit of work before I leave
that will put me in a chipper mood for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...