Monday, December 1, 2014

Loftus Hall Project Phase 3

I started painting the griselle the foundation of this painting.  I like this stage though I haven't finished drawing it all in yet I can 'sculpt' the areas and fix problems and I can see what I am doing better.  I have the painting hanging in our kitchen and I'm using a cereal box to steady it and I have a reference drawing laying on top of that.  I keep standing back and looking at it to make sure everything is evened out.
I needed an up close shot of the staircase and found Aaron's Vlog on the place.  I took some sketches.


That helped me out immensely   I was up so late last night that I had trouble staying awake at church.  Brought my sketch book with me to doodle in to try to keep me from  zonking out.  

I still have to clean up my area in the kitchen.


That's our kitchen table, there is a celtic knotwork hound painted on it.  I'll have to get a shot of that when the table is clear, looks really cool.  As I said before I am way into Celtic stuff.  
This is another of my favorite pieces, the Water Kelpie.  Legend goes that these things lures children into the ocean to drown them.  Well I made my Kelpie NICE.  I LOVE the vibrancy of this painting, IT looks better in person.  I can never get a good enough picture to do it justice.  Well time for me to log off and clean up and get some decent sleep.  I got a day job to go to.  I work as a library page.  It's the bottom of the ladder as far as jobs go but I do love the books and being able to know when stuff is coming in.  It doesn't sap out my energy like other jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...