Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Loftus Hall Project Progress Report



Really getting there.  Sorry the second picture is kind of dark but it shows the structure of the painting more and the first pic shows the color I chose.  My twelve year old daughter walked in on me while I was painting and said are the stairs covered in red velvet.  I was like huh, She didn't understand what I was doing so I said I chose a color scheme to capture the mood of the place, I'm not painting it the way it looks in the photo, I am painting emotively.  I STILL don't think she gets it because her mind can be pretty literal sometimes.  I started painting the stairs in magenta, then when that was dried I painted in alzirion crimson the shadows were started in Indigo then overlaid with Cobalt Violet.

I'm planning on doing one on Proveglia and that one has a green and indigo color scheme in mind.  Waverly Hills feels more blue and white but I haven't started looking for shots to decide what I'm really going to go for, but the feeling I get is isolation and distant, a certain coldness and desolation there.

I don't know how many painted layers is going to be done for Loftus Hall, As many as it will take till I declare it done, or rather the painting says it's done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...