Sunday, December 14, 2014

Loftus Hall, getting closer


I am getting closer to finishing, still have touchups to do.  I did a layer of zinc white over the magenta which gave the back wall there a rather interesting appearance.  Don't know if I'm going to keep it like that or add a glazed layer to darken it.  I have to finish up the steps then I'll be able to see if it is giving off the right feel I am looking for.  As I am wrapping up this painting I have about five others in mind for my next projects.  Of course there is Proveglia but there is in mind a couple of paintings of horses.  When I finally wrap up Loftus Hall I will blog about what is in my sketchbook.  I have a few sketchbooks, can never have too many.  I like to doodle during church service, keeps me awake.  Sitting still for too long makes me sleepy.

My husband told me at one point when I was working on this painting that I was a better artist than a mother, I didn't contest that but it did hurt.  I love my kids but I don't always 'get' them, I 'get' my art.  I always had the knack of making colors work together.  I haven't ordered my gesso board yet but I will, and I am going to start working on my sketch of Proveglia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...