Sunday, December 7, 2014

Drawing Portion Done on Loftus Hall




Oops I din't mean to put all the pics I did up at once.
Well as you  can see in the final two I got ALL the dang drawing done on here and am blocking it in with titanium white and also working the color in at the dry areas, going to put another red layer at the steps too.
Needed to take a break so I am doing the blog now and I'm a bit hyped up on caffeine  Been drinking Earl Grey Moonlight this time.  Not as strong as Assam but I have had two pots already so I"m buzzing.  Last night I didn't do any painting because I wanted to sleep.  Now I'm saying to heck with sleep I'm a gonna paint.  What will I do after this one is done?  I'd say I will take a bit of a break then figure that one out.  I have smaller canvases to use mostly 11 by 14.  I have a few ideas for the smaller paintings from my sketchbooks.  

In the other pics it shows where I stow my paints when I"m done.  It's in an old Caboodles box.  That thing was ment for makeup but I never wear the stuff anymore, allergies, itchy eyes, sniffy nose and sensitive skin.  Don't have a problem with my oil paints though.

You can see my tea and scones on my table.  I had dragged this wooden table from the dumpster area at my apartment complex.  It had two broken leaves which I took off.  While I was expecting baby number three (Aislinn)  I painted the thing.  I LOVE Celtic Knotwork and the table looks awesome.  It is being heavily used so scuff marks and the like are appearing.  The top of the table is the only part painted, I didn't get to do the rest.  I got the design out of a book of Knotwork designs.
I'm going to need to order my Magenta paint.  I have a small tube and I need to buy the larger studio tube.  Whenever I want to try a new color I just get a small one, once I see how much I am using it I order the larger one.
I don't know if I will be able to order a gesso board for my Provegila idea now.  Just waiting but I have a sketch done in.  Been thinking of  placing a the corner of the painting the image of Zack's tatoo that is symbolic of the possession he experienced there.  
In my sketch that corner just looked empty
Zack Bagans tattoo
I  Really REALLY love the wings on this things, and the way the wings are drawn is similar to how I draw wings.  Yeah I think I really need to put that into the left corner of my future painting of Provegila it just makes sense, it connects.  I can't wait to do it but damn it I'm just not sure I can wing it right now because it's Christmas and I still have a few things to get.  Well I'm ready to get back to Loftus Hall.  Maybe I can find some quiet Celtic Music to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...