Thursday, December 18, 2014

Loftus Hall almost done



This is really coming together.
Gotta say this painting is really getting eerie.
I don't know if you can see in the final pic here, in the niche where the crucifix is
The shadowy part above it, when I painted it and stopped it looked like an eye and part of a face
like a freakin' apperation
AND THIS WAS TOTALLY BY ACCIDENT
I didn't even draw a face on there, just smudged charcoal to shade it
but DAMN!  looks freakin edgy 
I LOVE IT!
I'll try to get a better close up later. but it looks freaky
I tend to do that in my paintings, an image just gets in there and when I see it I keep it 

Also got a bit of Proveglia sketched out.

This painting to be will be done alla prima in my sketchbook I was writing down notes on how to execute this work and I realized I really need to be working the paint wet on wet, especially for that demonic image. It will be painted in lightly, it is only darker here in the sketch just to get the image right, in the painting it will be more subtle but there.
It's like six am and I haven't slept at all tonight and I do have work at the library, only two hours but I am going to have to fill up on caffeine
Not coffee though, waaay too strong, Tea like Assam or Keemun would work.
I really hated putting my paints away but I needed to stop so I can keep my painting looking good.
I cannot wait for Proveglia, that is actually going to be a quicker job.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...