Friday, July 8, 2011

Tangleweb Fairy

You can find this Fairy HERE it is done on an 11 by 14 canvas and is the second fairy I did in Oil.
She was originally inspired by a group activity that was done on Enchanted Folk website, one person wanted to make a book of fairy art to sell to use the money to create fairy boxes to give to kids who are in hospitals.
There was a site that generated a fairy name to each person and it was always different.  I only remember the first part of the name, Tangleweb, so I did a colored pencil sketch and sent that in.  More recently I had found a different sketch and decided to do it in an oil painting and post it on Etsy.  When I was painting this I was going to have her mantle be all leaves, but I was getting tired of making them so I tried doing something a little different, and it came out looking like moss! I went with that idea and it gave the mantle two different textures which makes for a more interesting painting.  I love how the mossy part looks like velvet in a way too.  The green is lovely.  I have her hair going out in a web and being tangled with it.  Some say it looks like a halo.  It's hard to see but there are also dewdrops on the web too.
It is a wonderful and peaceful fairy I made and I hope to come up with more.  I really want to make another dragon but am having trouble coming up with an idea, that last Dragon I did was really good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...