Thursday, July 7, 2011

Redoing Paintings

This is my original look for the Green Man and Fairy painting.  I was critiqued by a judge at my towns art exhibit and she said the fairy didn't really fit in with the Green Man, well to be honest I never really liked the wings so what I did to start fixing that is to just paint over it in Titanium white, it blots it out and looks like I put white out on it.  I then painted layers of cadmium yellow to get rid of the white, I can still see it a little but what I want to do is add another layer and while the paint is still wet put in the wings, with the help of a Fairy Template book I found the right wings to go with this fairy.  Also when I am done with the fairy she will be wearing a dress.  
This is the work in progress, the colors are brighter and below the painting in what used to be brown is now becoming a rich blue violet with whitish sweeps going up in it like mist.  My little studio is actually the alcove where the laundry unit would be if we owned one.  My family (husband and two young kids) live in a small two bedroom apartment.  I am fortunate I can do my laundry at my mom's place and only buy her detergent once in awhile!
I hope to get this painting done soon and put it up on Etsy, it's frame it was in now frames my Epona painting and after I get done with re vamping Green Man and Fairy it won't really work with the original frame.  I am not sure if I will be able to afford a new frame right now, until I start selling stuff money is very limited.
I would love to see this as a poster print on Zazzle but I have to make a great pic without any glare and that's tricky for me as I'm still learning how to use my digital camera. I hope you enjoy a little peek into my art shop here, see ya next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...