Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dreamchaser Print with Frame

 This is my new frame with my Dreamchaser Print in it.  I had to scan it because my camera won't work.
You can find it HERE if you wish to purchase it.
I had an interesting time trying to figure out how to make this frame set off the picture.
The frame is a basic wood craft frame and I sanded it a bit first,
I put a base coat of white, sometimes I use a sealer but in this case I just did a base coat.
I used a Calypso sky acrylic paint and sponged it on and also used a blue glitter paint to add some sparkle.
I painted the inside window of the frame and the outside edge with a metallic blue and used the same metallic blue to make some spirals and dots on the frame and to paint the name Dreamchaser at the top.
The scanning lost some of that detail.
I wanted something more for this frame and I had some star beads and I glued those on along with some twisted wire I normally use for my bracelets.  The star is twisted wire also.
I think it would look pretty neat in a kids room.  Oh and I used Super Glue to get those embellishments to stick on there, they are NOT falling off.  Almost glued my fingers in the process too!
The frame came with wooden dowels to prop up the frame.  On this one I was not paying attention to how the frame was and when I was done the work was upside down according to where the holes are for the original dowels.  So I superglued a saw tooth hanger to the back, it's strong and won't let go, and it's ready to hang.  I started getting more notice on this item and will do the same with another print I have available called the Dream Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...