Monday, July 25, 2011

Into The Mind of the Crafter

Been busy trying to spend time with my family that I am neglecting my blog.  But I have something to blog about.  I don't know what other creatives do but I do NOT sleep well if at all when I have an influx of ideas.  I had an idea the other night of a children's barrette that I can make with polymer clay.  I only have white available so when I make three cute ladybugs I can paint them with my gloss enamel paints that I use for decorating bottles and other non porous items.

I have made a barrette for myself once
I
I made this with no prior instructions.  I just had the idea in mind and I did it.
Now I want to do a barrette that is inspired by my first customer, whose granddaughter loves purple ladybugs.  Using what I have on hand I can make a cute barrette using polymer clay and paint.  I will also add some fall leaves, I have some glittery ones on hand still and the colors will go well with it.

I get inspired in small ways like that.  I have made a memory wire bracelet with pink seed beads from a messed up necklace somebody gave me.  Yeah I'm one of those who will take any one's junk.  If I can use it I take it.  It's amazing what a little paint can do, becoming a cliche around home here!
This will be listed on Etsy soon.  But the necklace had a pendent which is now a charm on the bracelet.
I still have a lot of beads left over so I will be making another bracelet but it won't look like this one.

Since Everybody on Etsy is coming up with Fall and Winter items I have been trying to figure out what to make for the seasons.  There is a painting that I want to redo.  My Fall Harvest Unicorn.
Most of it is really good, just one objection.  The nostrils of the unicorn look like a PIG'S!!
Of course whenever you change and improve ONE part of the painting you end up changing the whole thing.  Really what would happen is the whole painting will get another glaze of paint that will punch it up more.
This was done before I really studied how to do horses.  I have a great book by Walter Foster on painting horses.  I also want to work on that pumpkin a little, got too many lines I think.
I also have some new painting ideas for fall, one called Moon Gate, that is eerie, and a Halloween still life, and some knitted items.  I can knit, but only scarfs and maybe blocks, been wanting to make a block blanket.
I have a problem with numbers so measurements are tough for me.  Besides I STILL haven't figured out the ribbing stitch.  I hope someday to do socks.
Now a PERSONAL craft venture I have in mind is to redo this table I dragged out from next to the garbage last year.  I don't dumpster dive, I just drove by and saw a table there and I dragged it home.  It had two sections to put up as leaves right, but the mechanism was broken so I just unscrewed that and left the leaves off and kept the middle portion, which was a large rectangular section.  I want to paint a Celtic Knotwork piece on that table.  Just haven't figured out what color and what knotwork I want.
You see, with me I can never run out of creative endeavors, the problem I have is making the choice on which one to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...