Saturday, July 9, 2011

Before and After Changing the Mermaid's Wave painting.

THIS IS THE BEFORE IMAGE
 This got cropped a bit when I scanned it because the painting is slightly bigger than the scanner.  Now I will show the redone painting.

 
The painting is just brighter when I was finally done with it.  I glazed it over the original paint and made it all pop out more and it looks more defined when before all objects were more hazy, diffused.  I did want a blurry look but NOT THAT blurry!  The crab can be seen better, and before there were some muddy parts in the painting where I guess I did not mix the paint well in those areas and got brownish or drab colors.  My original paint was more diluted because I used Turpinoid Natural a bit too much.  I glazed with lindseed oil and the color looks a lot brighter.  I first started redoing this painting with the intent to only fix the brain coral at the far left of the painting.  Once I fixed that, the yellow was too bright and had to be toned down and I made little glazed grooves to make it look like brain grooves in green,  I started noticing how OFF everything else was.  The only thing that remained the same was the little bunch of firey red and orange coral below the crab.  That stayed the same.  Everything else got a glaze of color to punch it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...