Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A bit on Dragons

Go HERE to see or purchase my original artwork of I don't see any dragons.

This was a fun piece to draw and a bit tricky because I wanted to have the dragon looked hidden among all the green of the grassy hills.  When I showed this to some kids it took them a bit to see the dragon.  It's not as  hidden as say Bev Doolittle's work whom I LOVE!  I do want to say for the record, no the dragon will not eat the human.  He is part of a story in my mind.  The traveler is a magician of sorts, but does more slight of hand and tricks with dexterity than with magic as what little magic he has he messes up with.  The Dragon is Gorith, who does have magic, he's a dragon mage, and a young one, only about 150 years old compared to other dragons and still very mischievous.  He'll just spook the traveler out but he senses the magic deep within the guy and helps him to unlock it.  That's pretty much the story I have for now.  Don't know if I'll ever go into a full story, a book for children or a artbook for adults.  I loved A Diversity of Dragons by Anne McCaffery, I don't remember the artist name off hand but I know his stuff, it was like a picture book for adults and it was all about the different dragons from stories people have created.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...