Friday, July 29, 2011

New Additions

When I get a camera that works I'll show you how this scarf really looks.
This is a muppet scarf, usually it's done with a faux fur to make it fluffy and it's long like a boa, and it looks like one of the muppets used on the muppet show.  This item is not listed on Etsy till I can get a good shot of how it looks on a person.  It has to be wrapped around the neck twice as it is very long but it's a great style for the cool fall months ahead.  It's 100 % wool from Lambsears, she makes lovely yarns.  It is a touch scratchy so it's best paired up with a turtle neck.

I have a new addition to my Etsy shop, it's a gift pocket
I had a bunch of felt scraps from VBS and didn't want to see them thrown away.
There was so much material left over I took all their scraps and said I was going to do something with them.
The little yarn bow is a scrap piece from Lambsears yarn.  I sewn it on there.  The gift pocket is handsewn.
It was very  easy to make and I plan on making a pocket for all my jewelry.  I wanted a neat way to gift wrap. But I do NOT know how to wrap things.  It's funny I can paint and draw and do origami and work Celtic Knotwork but I cannot wrap a gift, it comes out sloppy and pathetic!  You always know which one is mine because it's the crappiest looking wrap job you ever seen!
I'm being totally honest here!
I can sew, just basic stitching and some embroidery as long as it's simple.
I showed this on Kaboodle and got some more ideas on what I can put on the front since it's going to be different each time.
This item can be found HERE  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...