Monday, July 18, 2011

The Blessing of the Tree and Wolfish Dreams

These two paintings were done a couple of years ago and were bought by my husband's uncle.  He was gracious enough to send me a download so I can show them off and perhaps get the images on Zazzle, I have to tweak it a bit, find a way to edit out the frame.  When I downloaded the pics I was surprised at how bright that Blessing of the Tree was.  WOW, I had a way of working the paint so it's not muddied but bright and instead of brown I have like a red orange thing going on here that really pops out on the bark of the dryad I painted.

Wolfish Dreams is a different painting altogether, cool and blue the one bright spot are the yellow eyes of the wolf staring out at you with a wolfish grin.  The uncle framed the paintings and originally the paintings were gallery wrapped, he thought the frames will make them stand out better and he's right, the man has good taste!

This was the first time I sold TWO paintings to one person and it was very self gratifying and it made me want to sell more.  I love being able to do something with my hands and being able to work my imagination and bring to life what is in my head and have others appreciate it, and even be inspired by the work to do things of their own making.  The ones I've met that can't even draw a stick figure love to appreciate my art and I love to appreciate others art.

In Memory of Trees is one of my best treasuries I have made.  Much of it is original art work of trees, but there are a few photos that made it in as well.  It's well worth looking into and I hope you enjoy the sample of art from Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...