Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beachy Keen Coral Memory Wire Bracelet

Here is my newest bracelet I just did on etsy HERE I have been chatting with friends on Kaboodle to see what they think of the picture. Of course I know I can get a better pic than this but I am using my new camera and am getting used to it.  So being next to the window probably wasn't the best place unless I had it behind me.  I thought using the bottle was neat.  I'm planning on painting the bottle too, I have lots of glass jars and bottles lined up.  I feel so bad just throwing them out so I kept them, and when there was a place open to take them to be recycled I did that.  It was run by volunteers though and they lost the use of a glass truck that took the bottles so now they don't take any glass.  I am up cycling them and will post them on here and maybe Kaboodle to get opinions and see if I should sell them on Etsy or not.

I mainly do oil painting but I love to take a turn on other crafts, working with beads is one of them.  This bracelet was fun to do but tricky, it was memory wire and irritating to work with on just one point, twisting the ends to make loops so the stones and chips won't fall off.  This is one tough wire, which tells me it won't break.  Now I had bought cheap but pretty bracelets at WalMart, my then eight year old daughter stretched the elastic too much on one and broke it.  Recently I made a new bracelet with that by putting the beads on wire.  I love doing wire and toggle bracelets.  They are strong, so on my site I have those types of bracelets.  This memory wire can fit any wrist.  Some of my wired ones are small for young kids, and larger for older kids and preteens and some will fit petite adult arms like me.  My jewelry line seems best fit to kids and preteens and those adults like myself who love colorful, quirky lamp-work jewelry like myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...