Tuesday, August 30, 2011

a Scarf for my husband

I have been wanting to make a scarf for my husband and finally I learned to do
the rib stitch so I can do it.  I will also be making him fingerless gloves that use the ribbing stitch.
The yarn is an eco yarn made from plastic bottles.
I was surprised that this was made from plastic bottles.
It's soft, what my husband wants, a scarf that is not scratchy.
He can't wait till I do the matching finger less gloves.

I have other items in the works for Halloween.  I have a neat candy jar
I really love how the lid came out!
I will list this on Etsy when I am finished with it.
It's almost done, just need to straighten out the paint on the bottom of the jar
and I think I want to add some more painted embellishments on the jar
little pumpkins or something like that, I haven't decided,
or maybe it's fine the way it is?
You tell me!
And I have my second Day of the Dead Bottle listed on Etsy
That is my cat Boo.  As soon as I opened up the blinds for light she jumped up there.
I didn't want to mess with her so she got in the shot!
The Day of the Dead bottle is on Etsy now.
The paint is Gallery Glass and looks great near a light source.
You can put candle around it but not too close.
I don't know if the heat is good for the paints.
It looks pretty festive.
My youngest daughter started back at her special pre school and lately she has
been big on doing board games.
Getting kind of tired of it because it's routine now.
She starts with one then goes through the whole list.
Pretty Pretty Princess
ABC Dora game
Boggle Jr. (I stick with doing only five cards)
Candy Land
Dora Chutes and Ladders
She fights me on Monopoly Jr but she is just not ready for that one
My oldest plays the older Monopoly
Now when my oldest gets back from vacation with my parents we can have game night.
My Husband is eager to start a family devotions time.  Our pastor talked about a new Graphic Novel Bible
Being a comics fan my husband wants that.  Makes sense for such a visually stimulated family!
I also want to make Popsicle puppets of the Bible people so we can act out sections
like Jonah and the whale..it would help keep the attention I think.
Any way that is what is up for me now.
I have to get ready for my two hours of work at the library.
bye for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...