Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Little Irish Cream Please ART BOTTLES

I love the surface of these Irish Cream bottles because they have a wide flat surface,
makes it easier to create a scenery there like the Dragon and castle.
On the dragon and castle I experimented with blending in the paints.
Not too bad, I had drawn on the design after I had painted a white surface with enamel paints.
I used a marker that actually was permanent and didn't get blended with the paints
when I was painting.  Still, doesn't look bad. It's like an illustration.
I want to create a painting with a better perspective though.
I always want to improve and make my art better, but I still enjoy it as much as a child.
That's the key to creating, just enjoying it, take yourself too seriously and you can kill that desire.
But you HAVE to be serious enough to want to improve, to become better, work at the craft, that's my desire.  and to push my own boundaries.
I want to do more Celtic Knotworks like this one
It still is a little off balance, I just need more practice, each bottle will be better than the last.
Where do I get these bottles?
Well, my husband and I love a taste of the Irish Creme, being stronger than wine
I usually just make half a wine glass and put a couple of ice cubes in it (bring out the flavor)
and I sip it slowly.  Unfortunately my husband downs the stuff much more quickly.
Not good for someone who is diabetic and was told to limit the drinks.
He gets a bit depressed when he drinks too much, with all his medication
I'm not surprised but he's cooled it on it now.
But now we have ALL these bottles!
What to do?
PAINT THEM!
Another thing I want to do is mosaics!
I have scrap glass I kept from stained glass class work.
I don't like to waste anything if I can help it!
I have been inspired by Etsy artists who do awesome mosaics.
This one HERE is by Waschbear on ETSY!
I love it, done on stone.
I want to do some on my bottles.  I got great design ideas.
I don't have grouting now, have to wait till I can afford it.
It's not expensive just that I got bills to pay and I just have to wait on that now.
But I am practicing on ideas with the gallery glass paints on the bottles.
I would love to do a mosaic on a bottle in Celtic Knotwork.
HERE is another one she did.
I have an idea of my own to do dragons and fire, I have the scraps to do it with.
Plus I still have all those panes of glass from my stained glass class to do it with.
I am too busy right now with young children to do stained glass (lead concerns)
so that will have to wait till they are older.
Besides, my soldering iron needs to be cleaned badly!
And you have to devote longer hours to get going on a project sooo
I will use what I have to make a mosaic when I can get the grouting for it.



2 comments:

  1. Your painted bottles are so innovative and the mosaics are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous. My recent purchase of Irish Mist did not come in a bottle like these. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...