Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fall Around the Corner

I have this item on Etsy HERE
I got a better photo of it, finally.  The only problem is a little bit of the red flash leaked through when I was holding my fingers over it trying to block the flash.  Other than that little red spot the picture is much better.  On the shop there is a pic of the photo by itself so lookers can really see it with no color problems because it was scanned.  I really love this frame and will make one for my other prints but I want to make some empty frames using my hummingbirds to decorate them.  Can't wait to do that one.
I have been busy today dyeing the cut up socks from VBS.  I am making wrist warmers, the first batch is dyed in a grape Koolaid dye.  Every mom knows how bad that stuff stains right?
I did mine outside, I got the recipe from a favorite book of mine called Kids Knitting.  They tell you how to dye your own wool using koolaid.  It does stain the hands a bit, don't have any gloves but scrubbing with my facial scrub gets it out, as well as all the dead skin cells.
I'm letting the socks dry out now.  Then I will embroider the cut edges so they look nice and don't fray out.
I think these are going to be wacky things for the preteen teen set.
Well, things have changed since I was a teen.  I'd probably would use a pair that's jet black with dragons or vampires or skulls on them.
Hey your reading about a gal that dyed her hair black in order to be Eric Draven from the Crow movie!
I still like things a little on the dark side but I love bright colors and have that innerchild smiling, but once in awhile picks up a meatcleaver.
MMMMMwwwwahahahaha!
Halloween isn't here yet and I'm already getting morbid, which reminds me, I have to bring out my fall items.
I showed a part of in scanned in in an earlier post.
I paired this up with a rust brown coat I have, and it looks great.
The flash made the scarf look lighter than it did.  I have to try again to get the color right.
I did a neat styleboard with this scarf on Kaboodle to show how it goes with Fall fashions.
This scarf is one of a kind not because of it's pattern which is simple but because of the yarn which is from 
Lambsears and each of her hand dyed yarns is unique, you won't see the same yarn again.
She may do another purple but it won't be this purple.
I have other scarfs coming up too.  The yarn is original because it's hand dyed and you won't see the same color again.  If you really like this scarf, get it now.  Check out the link to it and see if the color is you.
If it doesn't work out you can return it for a full refund.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You're right you have been busy and planning ahead! Must admit you've put me to shame, can't let Mrs P see this post, she'll start to expect more from me...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very busy, I wish I could say the same lately lol

    ReplyDelete

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...