Friday, August 12, 2011

The Fairy Tree


It has been a busy week for me and I wanted to find something to blog about so I picked out my Fairy Tree
You can't see fairies, at the time I did this painting I had trouble actually drawing fairies, I made this painting to show a bit of mystery.  Faint glows in a forest, things like Will o' wisps darting to and fro.
This is a painting of all the fairies hiding within a tree.
Part of the inspiration came from I think Fern Gully when the fairies hide in their one big tree.
This is similar, and the ghostly white?  That's something spooky coming up against the fairies.

I love fantasy and making up stories and designing the paintings that will best illustrate those ideas.
I am getting more inspired now by re-connection with God.
Which somehow got disconnected when I fought so hard to get my husband to come to church.
Well, my husband fought hard to bring me back from what I would call a spiritual crisis.
I have this great idea for a art bottle done in glass mosaics.  I have a friend that might loan me out some of the grouting he uses for his own works.  I just need enough to do the project.
I started back to working at the Library again, only at two hours a day so I can do my other jobs of Homeschooling and artwork and maintaining my Etsy shop.
But for the new art bottle I was thinking of a fire cross.
I have several pieces of fiery orange and yellow and bits of red glass left over from an old project.

The stained glass not hanging in the window is hard to see but that is the one with the reds and oranges I have.
There is also pieces left over from the project above that.
I have been keeping those pieces in case I might do something with them, and now I do have an idea!
I have other ideas like simulating Church windows, doing sea creatures like whales and dolphins,
and doing works with dragons, my favorite imaginary creatures.
Do I do any more stained glass work?
I have desires to do so but right now it's tough.  I need something to clean my soldering iron, I can't spell the name correctly but it's needed to clean the solder gunk from my iron.
I still have some great pieces of stained glass art, just not really great for selling on Etsy.
Being imperfect works done for a class they are pretty enough but not POLISHED enough as far as work goes, you can tell that when you put professional work up against mine.
Still, I am quite proud of my work because I DESIGNED the knotwork myself!
My teacher never had a beginner student do that in their first class for a final project.
I just got the idea after working with the easy pieces.
There were no patterns available to do the Celtic pieces I want soooo
I drew one up myself.  The one in the shadow is my first one.
The second one in the light was my next one with a change, I added a 'frame' of glass to 
give it more structure and while the pieces were cut wobbly
the 'frame' helped fix it all together better than the first one.
Stained glass is expensive as a hobby.  A LOT of work and skill and TIME goes into this!
I'm working on a Gallery Glass bottle art project now.  Just painting in the colors.
I was doing a simple Celtic Knotwork but the way it turned out
it looks like DNA strands LOL!
Got to get back to my work table, got lots of stuff to do.

   


2 comments:

  1. Sounds great, the new painting is really cool, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painting and great to hear about the stained glass. I'd love to do stained glass but I don't think I have the patience, time or money!

    ReplyDelete

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...