Monday, December 2, 2019

Wild Horse Woman


A small project I did that I call Wild Horse Woman.  I am of maybe a couple of drops of Cherokee Native American though I had more comments about how Jewish I look (that is also in my family line)  but I always love the legends of Native Americans and the music that is part of that culture..and it's my dream to finally attend a Powwow.  We have one close to where I live I just get so skittish around so many people and I don't have somebody to be my buddy and walk me through it.

This painting may not look like much but I bought this stylized horse stamp since it was deeply marked down, and wanted to use it in something so I did a quick wash and stamped it.  I then added the woman there.  I didn't really paint her well, I didn't use a photo reference and how I do people needs work.  It's a pretty color and I might do it again with a better drawing of the woman if I find a good photo reference that fits what I want to do..sketchwork is relaxing and keeps one able to try new things without getting as bent out of shape as I would over a bigger project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...