Monday, December 9, 2019

This Is A Horse

This is a horse.
Oh yeah, I know it's not as well done as it should be.
But I was only doing a sketch wash and then messing about in India ink.
It's not perfect.
It's not supposed to be.
Art does not have to be perfect.
Art is about learning what art means to you,
What art does for you,
And what it can do for others.
Try your hand at it.
If you start criticizing yourself...you hit on something
How do you treat yourself in your mind every day.
We are often too hard on ourselves, mean to ourselves without knowing it.
Do a piece.
Try to draw
What does your inner voice say?
Working on a piece can help draw that out.
What do you say to yourself.
This art is just for you, your eyes only
Why the hell are you criticizing yourself.

This horse, this horse, you can still tell it's a horse, it's got the parts
But it does not look like it's real.
Well, I didn't use a photo reference
I went with my gut, my intuition
and besides.
I've seen art of animals where lines are curvy, wavy
Different colors
Tribal art where there is more circles or zig zags
So...there is no wrong way of doing a horse.
Julie Akeman
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...