Thursday, November 27, 2014

Returning to Painting

   I noticed that on my last blog it was about Aislinn being born, let me tell you that surprise little one had me busy and we moved from our two bedroom apartment into a three bedroom around the corner of our building.  And just when Aislinn was off breast feeding and the bottle guess what.  I had another one coming..

This is Merida June Akeman

NOW she was born Jan. 15 2014, she is 10 months old now.  I have not been able to paint for almost two years and it really SUCKED!  When the library I worked at took part in a new arts festival our town decided to do they had paintings from a gallery displayed.  Wonderful works but it put me on edge, I wanted soooo bad to paint.  I have no studio to paint in.  I have to keep putting my stuff up so the kids can't get into it and find a safe place for my paintings to dry.  I finally figured out how to make it possible.  My paints and stuff are on top of the Fridge for easy access, used to be stored in the closet.  THEN I cleared off the kitchen table and laid down newspapers and did a painting based on a sketch I did some time ago the original sketch was this


When I did the oil painting, the first one in TWO YEARS it looked like this


NOW how cool is THAT!!
I did do another painting but it's not dry enough to scan yet.  It's a buffalo and the painting style is a bit different from this.  
I am currently going to be working on a 30 inch by 40 inch painting of the grand staircase of Loftus Hall from Ghost Adventures Celtic Demons.  I have a spooky color scheme for that one.  I'll be charting the stages of that painting on my blog here with my camera.  I have no way to do a video which would be cooler. I am so glad to be back to painting, not painting puts me on EDGE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...