Sunday, November 30, 2014

Loftus Hall Project Phase 2


The first pic is my canvas on the kitchen floor.  I have no where else to paint this thing.  I had decided to use a grid system to get this thing on canvas, in the second pic you can see a printout of the staircase with a grid.  I found my old grid stuck in an artbook and was fortunate that this one works as far as scale though.  You can see how much I done tonight.  It's like two twelve am now as I am typing this and I'm planning on going to church in the uh morning (a few hours from now)  I have done quite a bit here and had to force myself off this project to get some sleep.  I hate not having an art room. I snipped at my daughter when she came in looking for a snack.  I HATE getting interrupted.  But that's the way I get when at work here, I really wish I had my own space.  I always salivate at those expensive easels made for large paintings.  I had to hang my work on the wall in the kitchen to keep from getting handled by the kids.

You know, I don't think I really was aware of how much work this was going to be for me.  It will be worth it cause it will look so cool when it's done.  It might take me longer than a week, I'm really loving this though.  It's pretty ambitious since it has been two years of NOT painting and many years since I have worked this type of perspective drawing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...