Friday, August 5, 2011

NEW ART BOTTLES Support up cycled art



This is the collection of bottles, part of it anyway.  I still have yet to list the 'party bottle' that's the bottle with the purple and red squiggles, I want to make a collection pic of those 'party bottles' I made.



There are probably many uses for an old wine bottle.  I also have some Irish Whiskey bottles that are begging for a make over too,  I only painted two so far.
These bottles are meant to be decorative, they can hold a single flower like a bud vase,
it can grace the table with a little eye candy like a centerpiece
it can sit on the mantel of your fireplace or shelf or bookcase.
I have LOTS of bottles but I can only do so much at a time.  That's a lot of work the listing and promoting of my new item, I only try to do it like one or two items a day.
It helps to bring attention to my store of varied arts.
I am working on a new bottle now, more of a mosaic piece. I'm using Gallery Glass liquid leading and that takes a bit to dry before I put in the color.  While that is drying I do other things like making more gift pockets for the bracelets I have and I still have more bracelets to list on Etsy.
I really need to get back to my painting.  I have a new painting based on a sermon my pastor was talking on, he uses a lot of word pictures, something I get and actually remember.  I feel bad when I can't remember a sermon, but it turns out it's how it's presented that makes me remember it.  I DRAW during the sermons, and that helps me, I end up having to explain why I do that, but at least the pastor and his wife are impressed, his wife admitted she had no talent in that area.
I am going to do a small oil painting that shows a stone jar overflowing with water
This is the watercolor sketch I did during church.  I used watercolor pencils and when service was over I took out my little hairspray bottle that is really filled with water, took of the cap and used the paint brush I always carry with me.
I have a mini artist tool kit that I made with felt.  Kind of a crappy looking job, as I only glued the edges of the felt together and now that's coming apart.
I am in the works of not only fixing that by just sewing but in developing an art kit using beautiful blue fabric
and having white felt inside for cushioning  and sewing the whole thing up.  When that's done I'll post it here and list it on Etsy.
I am also in the middle of making wrist warmers, dying them with koolaid dye which isn't a strong dye and gives it a lighter color, but I'm planning on using paints to stamp fall leaves on since Fall is coming around the corner.  I know it's August but days pass by soo quickly.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the watercolor. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bottles. I have actually saved a few to make something on.....someday..... I have the glass paints, the brushes, the bottles, just need the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strawberries the best but they are all great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well SHER you better get yourself painting because you are missing out on a LOT of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bottles, we've had glass paints sitting upstairs for years and we've never used them. Might have to dig them out now!

    ReplyDelete

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...