Friday, November 28, 2014

Loftus Hall Painting Project Phase 1


Ok I know this doesn't look like much but I haven't done drawing having to deal with perspective for a few years.  This is just a sketch on paper and I am still working on it.  When I get the bones of this thing down then I can draw it over again on the 30 inch by 40 inch canvas.  The writing off the side is some notes on which colors I'm going to use and what my first layout of color is going to be, in this case magenta.  It will be a layered color painting.  
This is what I got done so far for tonight.  I was hoping to start on the canvas right away but I want to be right with the perspective on this thing so I started with working it all out on paper which is a lot less frustration.  I am erasing A LOT!  

When I start a drawing like this I mark off with some light lines on where things are going to go, starting with the two posts out front, then the ones up the stairs then lining out basically where the banisters are going.  Maybe I'll get it fixed a bit better in the morning.  I am caffeinated with Assam Tea which tends to make me easily frustrated when working on something that requires me to be patient and KIND with myself as I do something I haven't done in awhile.  

I estimate it will take me about a week to do this painting, let's see if that holds.  I'm not on any deadline here. I am just wanting to focus well on this work.  I am hoping to buy a gesso board for my next Ghost Adventures inspired painting, Proveglia which I wanted to do first but I can't order it till my paycheck comes.
I had my 30 by 40 canvas here so I thought the Loftus Hall staircase fits it perfectly, just a hell of a time drawing this project out.  When I do Provegila I won't have to do this much pre work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...