Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The ART of the HORSE


I love horses, this is one of my favorites from Etsy and there have been a steady influx of painted horses.

I love the design of this piece.  This is a print of the original batik design.
I have never done batik but I love artists who know how to use this unique medium.
I like to stick with my regular oil paints.
I like this one, painted on gessoed wood I love the shaded blue areas on the horse.
The swirls are neat as a background, it's different.

Of course here is mine.  Epona is the Celtic goddess of horses, water and childbirth.
She is here featured with two white horses, I wanted to make the eyes of the horses more expressive like humans.  I want to do more horse paintings.  I have been working on realistically drawing horses but when I paint I seem to go into a more stylized mode.  I really love to express with the paint it just flows so my paintings have a flow.
Horses defiantly deserve to be revered in art. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...