Thursday, March 5, 2020

Painting Space For a Dragon


Hello friendly followers..Akemanartist is at it again..I am working on more creative dragon paintings on small canvases..if you would like to buy one just keep following me, oils take a bit to dry through I am using water soluble oils which doesn't take as long but still need a month to be sure.  I will be revamping my Etsy shop and will get things in place..keep following.

In this video I just did a spacelike background and yes it will have a dragon but it's going to be an outline of one and I will try to get a video of that process too.

I only used three colors of Lukas Berlin watercolor paints
Titanium white
Ultramarine (one of my favorites)
and Cobalt Violet

I prefer to paint fast and work alla prima for the most part..sometimes I wait for the backgrounds to dry before I add my dragon..it depends on how I want to do it..working wet in wet I have to make sure I want to alter what I have going on..in another background I decided to let it dry before I add the dragon..I try both ways of doing this and really I like both ways..it all depends on how I want to mix the paint on canvas.

Due to some issues you have to click the video link, it goes to my Facebook page.


And this is another background for another dragon to be painting..stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bleed The Knife

                                       Bleed The Knife by Julie Akeman   I have been thinking of this piece all day..and finally execute...